* 2 pounds ground chuck
* 1 pound ground pork
* Olive Oil, for browning
* 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
* 2 cups coarsely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onions
* 2 cups coarsely chopped green bell peppers
* 3 jalapenos chopped, seeds removed (+ some hotter peppers like cayenne or habanero, if you desire)
* 3 large garlic cloves, diced
* 1 can of chocolate stout
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 tablespoons cumin
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 cans (28oz) Pomodoro San Marzano tomatoes such as Cento (crushed with your hand as you put them in)
* 2 cans (14.5oz) petite diced tomatoes
* ⅓ cup brown sugar
* 1 can beef broth
* 1/4 cup (or to taste) Patron Cafe Incendio
* 1 can (14oz) black beans drained and rinsed (optional)
1. In a 10-quart heavy bottomed Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat brown ground beef and pork and remove from pan.
2. Add paprika, onions, both peppers and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes and add ground beef and ground pork back in.
3. Add in beer and stir to remove any brown bits from bottom.
4. Add in all other ingredients except black beans. Place in a crock pot on High for 2 hours.
5. Add in beans and simmer for an additional hour.
6. Check seasoning and adjust with more salt, pepper, chili powder or cumin, etc during last half hour.
8. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese over top and Have Your Cake & Eat It, Too cornbread under “On The Side”.
10. Optional: serve with sour cream on the side. Use leftover chili for making Supreme Nachos.