Chinese spare ribs are soooo good!
Here’s a traditional Chinese dish that may look complicated, but is really easy to make. The main ingredient that does all the flavoring for you is a concentrated black bean and garlic sauce. You should be able to find this in most grocery stores that have an Asian or International aisle. I like to use the Lee Kum Kee brand, but any brand should work.
- 2 lbs. pork rib tips (if you cannot find, substitute with country style pork ribs)
- 1/2 medium white or yellow onion cut into 1/4 inch half-moons and separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 4 tablespoons black bean and garlic sauce
- 32 oz. beef broth
- 1/4 cup sweet rice wine or mirin – not rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup Chinese long beans cut into 1-2 inch pieces (you can substitute with fresh green…
View original post 223 more words