I sincerely thank Embeece for nominating MunchKinOnThe Road’s blog entries for Pan’s “On The Road Cooking”. Check out Emceebee’s blog at http://en.gravatar.com/embeecee
“Mystery Blogger Award” was created by: http://okotoenigma.wordpress.com
Three things about me…
-One word that probably describes me best is “eclectic”. In music, art, food and even friends. Variety truly is the spice in my life.
-I have been married to the love of my life for forty-three years, have two awesome kids and three even awesomer grandkids!
-Right up to the day I die I hope to keep learning or trying something new.
The five question for me by my nominator, Embeece…
1. Would you jump in front of a bus for a complete stranger? If I were alone (not responsible for young children in my care), I would hope that would be my automatic reaction but, who knows until that very moment.
2. If a neighbor was a hoarder and lived in unsafe and unhealthy conditions, would you ignore it or take action? If you did, what would it be?
Though that would drive me insane to come home each day to chaos in my own house, unless the person (or their children looked severely ill or hopelessly depressed) I probably would not interfere. What some people consider living in total chaos, others seem to find comfort from having a clutter of their things around them or, if working full-time, choose to spend what little free time they have doing things they enjoy
instead of dealing with housekeeping tasks.
If help were clearly needed, I would first ask them directly if I could help in some way. Possibly contact a trusted family member. Let a child(ren) know they could come to our house if they ever felt afraid.
3. If you could go back in time and change one day in your life, which day would it be and why?
There are plenty of times in my life I regret how I reacted to certain situations especially when I hurt someone’s feelings, unintentionally or intentionally out of anger.
However, even if I were able change my past, I’d have to say “no” because it would also change where I am in life now and I may not have the cherished group of people in my life that I have now. Therefore, I choose not to delve into “what ifs”.
4. What is your favorite word?
Serendipity, its definition is as
delightful as the word sounds;
“a fortunate happenstance”
for example, when a storm at sea
forced us to change our cruise ship
itinerary’s next port of call from the
more popular Grand Cayman to the
much lesser known (in 2012)
Yucatan Peninsula port of Costa
Disappointment was quickly
replaced by serendipity upon
seeing Costa Maya’s almost
unspoiled natural beauty, Mayan
ruins and the warm welcome
from the people living there.
A pleasant surprise, indeed!
5. The weird question: If you knew you could get away with it, would you rob a bank?
To be perfectly honest I would if I could pull off a caper like the one in the 1970’s movie “Dollars” where they stole mega bucks from several bad people’s safe deposit boxes in a Swiss bank. Otherwise, No:)
I would like to nominate the following for the Mystery Blogger Award:
-Half Baked In Paradise
-The Snow Melts Somewhere
-Where’s My Backpack
-Lynz Real Cooking
-Postcards From Kerry
-A Note From Abroad
-Ohm Sweet Ohm
Five Questions For My Nominees:
-What inspires you?
-Of all the places you have visited in the world, which country or culture did you like best and why?
-Cite one of your favorite quotations and why?
-If you had to choose, would you pick a long ordinary life of the usual ups and downs but, basically happy or a short life with all your dreams and ambitions fulfilled?
-What is your “go to” comfort food?
I am supposed to share the link to my best post. Don’t know if this is my best but, it’s one very much enjoyed writing:
The Mystery Blogger Rules:
Rules For The Nominees:
• Display the award logo on your blog. √
• List the Rules. √
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. √
• Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. √
• Tell your readers three things about yourself. √
• Answer five questions from the nominee. √
• Nominate anywhere from ten to twenty bloggers. √
• Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog. √
• Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question. √
• Share the link to your best post. √