Especially perfect for a holiday morning treat…
I love quick recipes. And even better, a quick baked goods recipe. Correction, a quick FROM SCRATCH recipe. These are so tasty you are going to want to make a second batch soon. I know I am!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl or food processor, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, lemon zest and cold butter. Using your fingers work the…
View original post 90 more words